This school was closely associated with Villa Maria College. In 1923, a Parish Church was built next to Villa Maria College. The Sisters of Mercy used this building for classrooms, and was called the “Meadow School”. This school was for both girls and boys.

When a new school, called St Teresa’s opened up in 1936, all the boys from the Meadow School and Villa Maria College were sent to St Teresa’s School. This meant that Villa Maria College became a girl’s only school.