In 1899 Sisters were invited to set up a community in Darfield. A local parishioner donated two acres of land for the school, and also a cottage that was already on the property which became the Sisters home.

The Sisters soon opened a school for both primary and secondary students for the students in and around Darfield. However, over time the number of secondary students reduced and so the Sisters closed the secondary school.

The Sisters continued to teach primary students until this school role also became too small, and the Sisters closed the school.