The Holy Cross Parish community had wanted a Catholic school in their Parish for many years, so they worked hard raising money so a school could be built.

This school was finally opened in 1932 with 60 students. However, within 2 years the school had so many children that another large classroom was added to the school.

Sisters travelled each day from Avondale by bus, until the Sisters opened a convent in Henderson in 1945.

The Dominican Sisters took over running the school in 1971.