The Sisters of Mercy were asked to teach at a new school in Methven. A new convent was built for the Sisters to live in, and this included two classrooms. The Sisters began teaching children from the Methven area in 1913. The Sisters taught in the convent classrooms until 1958 when a new brick classroom block was finally opened. With so many children enrolled at the school the old church was also turned into a classroom.

Our Lady of the Snows School has now been open for 100 years.