In 1936, a new school was opened in Riccaton called St Teresa’s. Some Sisters of Mercy agreed to teach at the school. All primary boys children who were at Villa Maria College and at the Meadow School were sent to St Teresa’s. This meant that the Meadow School was closed and that Villa Maria College became a school for girls only.

The school became very popular, and some classes had over 60 students. Over the years, new classrooms had to be built. Sisters of Mercy taught at St Teresa’s until 1956. After then, the school was taken over by the Sisters of Joseph of Cluny.